Fit is one of the most important factors when choosing your shoes. Unfortunately, fit is also one of the biggest issues with shoes.
According to research by the shoe industry, 60 percent of people are walking around in the wrong shoe size at any given time. In North America alone, half a million people complain about buying the wrong size shoe every year.
Nike shoes are known to run small. Most people who have experience with Nike shoes usually buy 1 size up.If you have wide feet, consider buying a pair that is 1½ sizes larger. Nike also has many models that tend to run true to size and rarely models that run large.
Many people initially resort to the same strategy when buying shoes online: order multiple sizes of the same product, keep the one that fits, and return all other sizes. This strategy works, but it's a lot of work for purchasing.
Returning products takes time and effort. Wouldn't it be nice if you could determine the "true size" of a shoe before ordering it online? This way you can only order the one size that fits you and don't have to worry about returning products
Nike shoes run small
- Nike Air Huarache
- Nike baby shoes
- Nike Epic React
- Nike Flyknit
- Nike Free RN
- Nike Kyrie
- Nike Waffle Racer
- Nike Zoom Fly
Nike shoes true to size
- Nike Air Max
- Nike Dunks
- Nike golf shoes
- Nike Internationalist
- Nike Jordans
- Nike Metcon
- Nike Presto
- Nike responds
- Nike Roshe
- Nike Vapor Max
List of Nike shoe models
Let's take a look at various popular Nike shoes and see if they run big, small or true to size. This way you can determine in advance the exact size you need to order and no longer need to order multiple sizes for the same product.
|Nike shoes||Run big or small|
|Nike Air Force 1||Different opinions|
|Nike Air Huarache||Klein|
|Nike Air Max||Maßgetreu|
|Nike baby shoes||Klein|
|Nike Boots||Depending on the model|
|Nike shoes||Depending on the model|
|Nike Epic React||Klein|
|Nike Free RN||Klein|
|Nike golf shoes||Maßgetreu|
|Nike Vapor Max||Maßgetreu|
|Nike Waffle Racer||Klein|
|Nike Zoom Fly||Klein|
Related:Do Nike clothing run small? (All kinds)
Does Nike Epic React run small or large?
Short answer:Nike Epic React runs small.
According to Nike, the Epic React is designed to fit snugly and as such, buyers are advised to go half a size up if they prefer a roomier fit. Our recommendations:
- Size up by half a size if you have narrow or medium feet.
- Go up a full size if you have wide feet.
- “These shoes are VERY tight! I don't have wide feet, I'm a size 6 and these were extremely tight, with or without socks! Definitely big!”
- "I don't usually pay much attention when reviews say 'order a size up' because I have very narrow feet. BUT I'm so glad I listened this time! I wear an 8 and have an 8.5. I definitely recommend going up a half size or a full size if you've reached your height or have wider feet.”
- "I usually wear a size 7 but these run small so order half a size up."
- "Cute shoe, but runs incredibly small. I ordered a 7 (all my other Nikes are a 7) and I should get at least an 8.”
Related:Related: What is the Average Price of Running Shoes?
Does Nike Blazer run small or large?
Short answer:Nike Blazer fits true to size.
According to most people, the Nike Blazer fits true to size. Several users also mention that Nike Blazer has the same fit as Nike Air Jordan 1. So if you wear a specific size in Nike Air Jordan 1, you should order the same size for Nike Blazer.
Top: Nike blazers tend to run long and narrow. So if you have wide feet, you might want to order half a size up.
- „I have a pair of regular blazers, they run true to size (and are very comfortable!)”
- „I ordered the latest Nike Off White Blazers true to size and they fit well.”
- „I'm a 10.5 in Air Jordan 1. My Blazer Mid '77 Vintage and All Hallows Eve Blazer are also 10.5, along with my SB Blazer Frog.”
- „I wear an 8.5 in Air Jordan 1 and Blazers. And I wear 9 in Yeezy.”
Does Nike Air Force 1 run small or large?
Short answer:There is no consensus.
Nike Air Force 1 is a true classic that has been around for decades. Nike introduced the Air Force 1 in 1982 and has since developed almost 2,000 different versions. It's entirely possible that these 2,000 versions have different fits and sizes. This could explain the lack of consensus on Air Force 1's size.
In this case, we recommend that you order several sizes to try on.
- „My Air Force 1 High (size 12) fit true to size.”
- „As far as I know, Air Force 1s have always fitted the same way. I always go up a half size”
- “I find the Air Force 1 Mid and High to be a bit tighter, especially around the ankle. So I usually go half a size up.”
- "For me, the Nike Air Force 1 runs big, so I'd go half a size down."
Does Nike Air Max run small or large?
Short answer:Nike Air Max fits true to size.
Most users find Air Max is true to size. These include the Air Max 1, Air Max 90, Air Max 95, Air Max 270 and Air Max 720.
Top: Some users find the Air Max 270 a bit narrow. So if you have wide feet, you might want to order the Air Max 270 half a size larger.
- “I would say the Air Max 90 are true to size. I'm usually a women's size 8.5 and these fit me perfectly. Not tight, not loose. Definitely go with your true size.”
- "I've always found the fit of the Air Max 90 to be true to size."
- “For me, the Air Max 90 fits true to size. You might be ok with getting a pair 0.5 size smaller, but I tend to keep the same size as my Air Max 1, Air Max 720, or Air Max 95.”
- “For Air Max 270, if you have narrow or normal feet, the right size should be fine. If you have wide feet (like me) the right size fits snug, I would go half a size up.”
Does Nike VaporMax run small or large?
Short answer:Nike VaporMax fits true to size.
Long answer: Most users find Nike VaporMax is true to size. However, some users find VaporMax a bit cramped. If you have wide feet, you might want to order VaporMax half a size up.
- "The VaporMax allows you to get the right size, but if you have wide feet you might want to go half a size up."
- “It is recommended to stick to the correct size. In my case, with a wide foot, the fit is perfect and feels very comfortable. So proceed in moderation.”
- “The VaporMax Plus isn't cut short, it has a slim fit. Since there are no optional widths, if you have wider feet you have to buy half a size up.”
Do Nike boots run small or large?
Short answer:It depends on the specific model. But in general, Nike boots tend to run small.
Different boot models can have different fits. In general, Nike boots tend to run small. For example, buyers of both Nike Manoa boots and Zoom Kaiju boots report that they run small.
Top: Order ½ size larger. If you don't mind returning products, order your normal size and a half size up to try on both and return what doesn't fit. Be sure to try the boots on in the evening because your feet swell throughout the day.
- "I bought Nike Manoa boots in a size 12... I wear a size 12 in everything I need these shoes in a size 13."
- “I have Nike Kaiju boots and I can tell you the boots run small. You will need to buy a slightly larger size (most likely half a size larger) to get a good fit.”
Do Nike shoes run small or large?
Short answer:It depends on the specific model.
Whether a cleat is small or large depends on the model. For example, the Phantom Vision Academy Dynamic Fit MG football boot runs small. Mercurial Superfly runs large. Hyperdiamond 2 Pro Metal fits true to size.
Top: To ensure your cleat fits well, order multiple sizes and return what doesn't fit.
- “My only disappointment with the Nike Phantom Vision Academy Dynamic Fit MG football boot is that it runs very small. I ordered an 8.5 and it was very narrow and it wasn't because my feet were wide. If you order, go up half a size.”
- "I went down half a size because the Nike Mercurial Superfly football boots were too long in the toe area for my actual size."
- "I usually wear a size 9.5 for the Nike VaporMax, but I also wear a size 9 for the Nike Mercurial Superfly football boots."
- "Nike Hyperdiamond 2 Pro Women's Metal Softball Shoe fits true to size."
What is the average price of football boots?
What Type of Cleats Are Best for Lacrosse?
Top 10 Best Painball Cleats 2020
Do Nike baby shoes run small or large?
Short answer:Nike baby shoes tend to run small.
Most parents reported that Nike baby shoes run small. We recommend ordering either a half or a full size larger. Also, your baby's feet are growing fast. If you order one size larger, your baby shoes will last longer.
- “Nike Tanjun Infant/Toddler shoes run a bit small in my opinion. I would choose a larger size for longer wear.”
- “I love these Nike Huarache Run baby/toddler shoes. I would take one size bigger. You are stuck. It's difficult to get the kid's foot in the shoe, I'd say go one size up.”
- "Nike Sunray Adjust 4 Toddler/Toddler Sandals are quality sandals but they run small, so I recommend ordering a full size up if you don't want your little one's toes sticking out over the front of their sandals."
Related:Do kids need basketball shoes? Helpful guide for parents
Do Nike Dunks run small or large?
Short answer:Nike Dunk and Nike SB Dunk are normal.
Most users report that Nike Dunk and Bike SB Dunk fit true to size. For comparison, people think the Dunk is about half a size smaller than the Nike Air Force 1. If you already own a pair of Air Force 1s, you can use this to help you decide what size to order for the Nike Dunk would like. For example, if you wear a size 10 in Air Force 1, order Dunk in a 10.5.
- "The Nike Dunk and Nike SB Dunk both run true to size."
- “Nike Dunks suit me perfectly. I have a wider foot so most shoes are a little tight, but I never deviate from my usual size 10.”
- "The Air Force 1 runs a bit larger, so if you normally wear a UK9.5 in an Air Force 1, go for a UK10 in a Nike Dunk."
- "For me, the Nike SB Dunk fits true to size."
- "nike SB Dunks fit 0.5 sizes smaller than the Nike Air Force 1."
Does the Nike Free RN run small or large?
Short answer:Nike Free RN runs small.
Nike Free RN is designed to fit like a glove. If you have narrow feet and don't mind wearing socks, you might be happy with your normal size for this shoe. For other cases, we recommend ordering at least half a size larger. Order one size up if you have wide feet.
Also avoid this shoe if you have bunions as the toe box is very narrow.
- "I'm EU size 44, which is a 9 according to the size chart. I bought a size 10.5 as others have commented on the snug fit and this size fits me perfectly.”
- “I always wear a 10.5 in Nike but I had to take a size 11 in these. They run half a size smaller.”
- "Much too small. Have been wearing 7.5 shoes for years. Including Nike 7.5. Couldn't even get my foot in that shoe.”
Does Nike Flyknit run small or large?
Short answer:Nike Flyknit runs small.
Nike Flyknit is not a specific shoe model. Rather, it is a proprietary textile technology developed by Nike. Flyknit is a lightweight material woven into a one-piece upper for a variety of shoe styles. So, in theory, different Flyknit shoe models can fit differently.
However, most Nike Flyknit shoes have one thing in common: they are designed to fit like a glove. As a result, they tend to be small. Our recommendation: Order Flyknit shoes at least half a size larger. Order one size up if you have wide feet.
- About Nike Men's Epic React Flyknit 2: “I usually wear between a 9.5 and 10 so I ordered 10. These ended up being too small, so I reordered a 10.5.”
- Auf Nike Women’s Odyssey React Flyknit 2:“This shoe runs small. I bought a half size up and they still fit a little tight, especially if you have wider feet like me."
- On Nike Epic React Flyknit 2 for women:“I ordered my true size for these. They were tight to put on and no room for toes. The toe box felt very small like my toes were popping out at the top”
- Top 8 Best Running Shoe Brands Trusted by the Public
- Do running shoes make a difference? You may be surprised
Do Nike golf shoes run small or large?
Short answer:Nike golf shoes true to size.
Wearers of various Nike golf shoe models generally agree that Nike golf shoes fit true to size. So order your normal size. Also, some people say that Nike and FootJoy golf shoes have the same fit. So if you already own FootJoy golf shoes, you can simply order the same size for Nike golf shoes.
- “I got a pair of Nike golf shoes last year, I'm a size 9 in regular shoes and the size 9 Nike golf shoes fit perfectly.”
- „I have some Nike Air Zoom TW golf shoes. I've been a size 10 for over 30 years, got them in a size 10 and they fit well.”
- „The Nike Air Rival 4 Spike golf shoe feels true to size, especially in the midfoot and toe box, while being a bit large with some heel slippage.”
- "The Nike Lunar Command 2 Men's Golf Shoe fits true to size."
- “Nike and FootJoy golf shoes have the same fit. I have dozens of pairs in both, all 12's.”
- Do I need golf shoes? Complete Beginner's Guide
- Best Golf Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis | for golfers with heel pain
- How long do golf shoes last | How often should you replace golf shoes?
Does Nike Air Huarache run small or large?
Short answer:Nike Air Huarache runs small.
People agree: Nike Air Huarache runs small. Tiny. commandat leasthalf a size larger, but you should probably choose a full size larger.
This shoe is also on the narrow side. So if you have wide feet this may not be the caseshoe for you.
- "I couldn't even fit my normal size, I went up a half size but honestly I probably should have gone up a full size.”
- „Hella small lol but go like half size possibly full size.”
- „Typically Nike, they tend to be small and narrow. They are at least half a size smaller, if not a full size. Ordering a size up helps, but they're still narrow.”
- "I ordered a size up and they fit perfectly."
- “Usually a size 6 but had to send it back as it was too small. Reordered a size 7 and they are perfect.”
Does Nike Internationalist run small or big?
Short answer:Nike Internationalist fits true to size.
Users generally agree that the Nike Internationalist fits true to size. Some also think that this shoe is a bit narrow. So if you have wider feet, you might want to go one size up. Bunion sufferers are also unlikely to find the Nike Internationalist comfortable.
- “Comfortable, true to size, great on foot.”
- „Nike Internationalist sneakers generally run true to size and have a slim to medium fit.”
- "Great looking shoe. Very convenient. True to size.”
- "They're pretty true to size. I wear a women's size between 8 and 8.5 and the 8 fits perfectly.”
Do Nike Jordans run small or large?
Short answer:Nike Jordans fit true to size.
There are many different versions of Nike Jordans. The size is consistent from one version to another. Most users consider Nike Jordan true to size.
- “The Air Jordan 1s fit true to size. However, the sneaker is initially tight because the leather upper needs to be broken in. As far as I know, the size of the Air Jordan 1 has always stayed the same.”
- „Air Jordan 4 runs true to size. I'm a true size 13 and wear a size 13 Jordan 4 with plenty of room.”
- "My Mid Air Jordan 11 Retro fits true to size."
- "I'm a size 13 and all the Air Jordan 12's I own are a size 13 and they fit perfectly."
Related:6 ways to tell if Jordans are fake | checklist
Do Nike Killshots run small or large?
Short answer:Nike Killshots fit true to size.
Most buyers consider Nike Killshot true to size. Some find it a little cramped. So if you have wide feet, you should choose half a size larger. Otherwise, stick to your normal size.
- “Can confirm they are true to size. I wear a 9.5 in most things and I bought a 9.5 in Nike Killshot 2. They fit well.”
- „I think they are pretty much true to size but they run quite snug. I have wide feet so I went up a half size and they fit well. If you have narrow feet, just take your normal size.”
- "I just got my kill shot and I'm glad I finally followed this advice: stay your normal size. DO NOT increase or decrease size. They are narrow but absolutely perfect in length.”
Does the Nike Kyrie 5 run small or large?
Short answer:Nike Kyrie 5 runs small.
Users say Kyrie 5 runs small. Order a full size (instead of half a size) larger than your normal size.
- „If you have wide feet this is not the shoe for you. If you must have it, buy a full size up. I ordered my size and couldn't even put my foot in the shoe to try it on.”
- „Shoes I bought were a bit small. People need to buy that one size up from their normal size.”
- "They run a bit small, so order one size larger”
- New basketball shoes | Nike Kyrie 5 SpongeBob
- Top 25 Best Basketball Shoes for Guards | Forward | centers
Does Nike Metcon run small or large?
Short answer:Nike Metcon fits true to size.
Most users consider Nike Metcon true to size. Metcon's toe box is said to be wider than Nike's typical toe box. So if you have wide feet or prefer a roomier toe box, give Metcon a try.
- "Metcon 3 fit me perfectly in a size 10 with some space between my 2nd toe (the longest) and the front of the shoe."
- "I've found the Metcon to be true to size."
- “The Metcon 4's are true to size for me. They were a bit tight at first, but have now worn.”
Related:What are cross training shoes? Types | difference | use
Does Nike Presto run small or large?
Short answer:Nike Presto runs true to size.
Most users consider Nike Presto to be true to size. Many also find Presto wider than usual, especially in the toe box. So Presto would be a good choice for people with wide feet.
- „I would take your normal size for this shoe, it fits true to size.”
- "Bought for my husband and they fit his size."
- “I have a size between 8 and 8.5 for most sports shoes. Nike I usually order an 8.5 but I ordered an 8 and they fit great.”
Does Nike Roshe run small or large?
Short answer:Nike Roshe fits true to size.
According to most, Nike Roshe fit true to size. Some even say that Roshe runs a bit large, so they prefer to go half a size down for a snug fit. But for most, we recommend ordering your normal size.
- „Mine (woven) is true to size pretty much.”
- “The general consensus is that Roshe is true to size. That's what I wear, that's what almost everyone in TeamROSHE wears."
- “I'm a size 12 and I wear a size 12 in Roshe. All day.”
Does the Nike Waffle Racer run small or large?
Short answer:Nike Waffle Racer runs small.
According to most, the Nike Waffle Race runs small. It's also tight. So order at least half a size larger. If you have wide feet, choose one size larger.
- "I needed a size larger than what I usually wear at Nike."
- "Definitely tight. I would guess that if you have average to above average wide feet you should order at least half a size up, if not a full size, than normal.”
- "They are about half a size smaller than stated.”
- “I recommend buying half a size larger”
Does the Nike Zoom Fly run small or large?
Short answer:Nike Zoom Fly runs small.
The consensus is that the Nike Zoom Fly runs small. Order at least half a size larger. Some even suggest going a full size.
This shoe also comes with a narrow toe box. If you have wide feet, this probably isn't the shoe for you.
- “They run about half a size to a full size smaller; I went from my usual 11.5 in Nike shoes to 12.”
- “I went one size up and they fit well. I would definitely go one size up.”
- "The first thing I noticed was that the shoe was narrow, about half a size smaller."
- “The toe box is narrow and short, even after going half a size up. It feels like my feet could stand on a narrow, comfortable platform and fall off. I don't have super wide feet.”
- "I ordered a half size up and these sneakers were definitely still form fitting. I have average wide feet. If you have wide feet or like a roomier toe box, these will not be comfortable for you.”
- How to rotate running shoes
- Stability running shoes - what are they?
Do Nike Reacts run small or large?
Short answer:Nike Reacts run true to size.
The consensus is that Nike Reacts fit true to size. They are not as tight as a typical Nike shoe. But if you want to wear thick socks with it, you might want to go half a size up anyway.
According to some users, Nike Reacts have the same fit as Nike Air Jordans, adidas Ultra Boost 2.0 and adidas Ultra Boost 4.0. So if you already own one of these shoes, you can simply order Reacts in the same size.
- “Nike React Element 87 fits true to size. For me it fits quite similar to adidas Ultra Boost 2.0 and 4.0. They all fit true to size.”
- “React Element 87 runs true to size for me. Try your typical Jordan size.”
- "I'm a size 9 (my usual size) and it fits perfectly. But for those who go all out in those fancy (usually thicker) socks, you might want to go half a size up.”
- “I usually wear a 11.5 snug. I ordered 11.5 and these are a little loose on my feet.”
Related:Under Armour vs. Nike Basketballschuhe
Nike shoes size chart
|USA – Men||United States - women||United States - Children||United Kingdom||CM||EU|
Don't see your Nike shoes listed? Email us your model[Email Protected]and we will add it to this list.
Loveatfirstfit.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Affiliate Program, an affiliate advertising program that allows websites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. We may earn a commission if you make a purchase through links on our site.
Austin is the author of loveatfirstfit.com and a personal trainer with extensive knowledge of nutrition. Austin is passionate about helping others find the right healthy lifestyle and feel good about themselves. Austin's goal is to help people push their limits and achieve their physical capabilities.